For sites on version 3.75+, the Commerce Vision CMS provides access to new layout templates, widgets, and web-based product and category maintenance.
The CMS also links to all of the existing administration pages, such as Settings, Menu Editor, and Preferences.
Before creating a new CMS user, it is important that the same user exists as an Administrator on the website. This way, when the user attempts to access legacy admin pages via the CMS, their credentials are verified and the page is loaded correctly.
As long as the CMS User and Website user share the same email address, the link will be automatic and the Administrator's experience with both interfaces will be seamless.
- Follow this guide to create the website Admin user. Set the 'Initial Role After Login' to 'Administrator'.
- In the CMS, navigate to 'CMS Users'.
- Click 'Add New User'.
- Populate the required fields, ensuring that:
- the 'User Name' does not contain spaces or special characters.
- the 'Email' is the same email address used at Step 1 for the web Admin user.
- If the user will require access to multiple sites (e.g. Live and Stage), use the 'Add New Site' option. Remember, the user will need an Administrator login on each website you add here.
The new user will now be able to login to the CMS and access the site's existing backend pages, as well as the new CMS functionality.